General Pool Rules
General Pool Rules
- Entry to and exit from the pool grounds is allowed only through the main entrance. Exiting the pool through the emergency exits is strictly prohibited unless there is an authorized evacuation. Entering or exiting through the exit gates is grounds for suspension for a member; non-members may be suspended as guests, or prosecuted for trespassing.
- The pool shall not be used unless officially open and lifeguards are on duty. There is NO lifeguard on duty in the wading (baby) pool; parents and other adults are responsible for maintaining the safety of their children in and around the wading pool.
- Members are responsible for maintaining their current physical address, personal email, and telephone numbers in the membership database. NOTE: using an employer’s email address may result in your emails being stopped by your employer’s filters or internal security systems.
- All pool members and guests must check in upon entry and check out upon exit at the desk in the pool house.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times. Members are limited to no more than 9 guests at any one time unless they have reserved and paid for the party area.
- All non-members must obey all pool rules and regulations.
- No child less than 10 years of age is permitted to enter or remain on the pool grounds unless accompanied by an adult or a responsible youth at least 14 years of age.
- Children 6 years of age and over are required to use the locker room of their gender unless it is necessary to accommodate their special needs.
- Children under the age of 16 shall take a 15-minute break each hour, with all parts of their body completely outside of the water.
- Infants under 18 months of age may be in the main pool during break if they are continuously supported by their parent(s) or an adult and are wearing a swim diaper with rubber pants.
- Children who use the main pool should generally not use the wading pool unless it is to accompany a younger child. The wading pool is not intended to be a play area during the hourly break.
- Persons who are not toilet trained or are incontinent must wear a swim diaper with rubber pants in the main pool and the wading pool.
- Any person with skin disease, open blisters, cuts, or inflamed eyes, is not permitted in the pool. Any person with a communicable disease is not permitted entry to any part of the pool facility.
- All persons using the pool must shower before entering the pool.
- All persons must obey the lifeguards at all times.
- Eating, drinking, and smoking is permitted in designated areas only. The designated smoking area is the parking lot and the grassy area outside the facility’s perimeter fence.
- Glass containers of any type are prohibited on the pool grounds.
- Diving is allowed in designated areas only.
- No more than one person at a time is allowed on the diving board and its ladder, and the slide and its ladder.
- Running, horseplay, or other gross misconduct is prohibited.
- Profanity and abusive language or behavior is prohibited.
- Super soakers, water guns, inflatable toys, Nerf balls, inner tubes, facemasks, swim fins, and other toys are ONLY permitted at the discretion of the Pool Manager. Hard plastic or metal toys are never permitted in the pool.
- The area between lane lines is reserved for lap swimming, water walking/running, and water exercising only.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the pool premises except as authorized by the Board of Directors.
- All injuries occurring on the pool premises must be reported to the Pool Manager immediately.
- Bicycles must be parked in the bike racks so as not to impact foot or vehicular traffic. Automobiles must be parked in the parking lot or legally on the street. Parking in the driveway is not allowed.
- Use of any wheeled personal device, including but not limited to skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, or scooters is forbidden within the pool grounds.
- Pets are not permitted on pool property unless authorized by the Board. Only Service Animals are permitted when the member or guest can provide proof that a training program has been successfully completed.
- Pool ladders are to be used only for entering and exiting the pool. They are not to be used as play equipment.
Failure by children to follow the rules and/or the directions of the lifeguards will be addressed in the following manner:
First offense: WARNING
Second offense: 15 MINUTE TIME OUT. No part of the time out can be served during break time.
Third offense: At a minimum, the swimmer will be sent home for the day and the parent/guardian will be notified.
Depending on the nature of the offense, the lifeguard has the authority to invoke immediate expulsion without prior warning.
Failure by adults (persons 18 years of age and older) to follow the rules and/or the directions of the lifeguards will be subject to immediate dismissal from the pool for the rest of that day.
The Board, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend for one or more days, or ban any person, child or adult, who commits theft from the premises, intentionally causes physical or emotional harm to another person, or commits any egregious offense, even for a first offense. The Board has the right to contact the police and request prosecution for serious offenses.